1. Night life/markets/cafés (Courtney Place/Sunday market/Night markets/Bars & Restaurants)
2. Arts (Museums/Galleries/Poets Walk/Statues/Weta)
3. Neighbourhoods (Cuba Quarter/Newtown Ethnic/Kelburn & University campus/Mt Vic/Te Aro)
4. Seaside (Waterfront/Oriental Bay/South Coast/Island Bay/Seatoun)
5. Architecture (Heritage/CBD buildings)
6. History/Government (National Archives/Parliament/Thorndon/Cemetery/Botanic Gardens)
In keeping with the theme of urban wanderings, the above are ideas only. We may find ourselves back where we started or skirting round and through places we have already been. We can mix and match according to what we find and the interests of the group. If there is an exhibition, film, music or other cultural event on the weekend we are in town we may decide to go, but this is secondary to the main event of wandering our lovely capital city and seeing what we can discover.
If you are booking together as a group of four or more and would like me to design a more customised itinerary let me know.
Your personalised itinerary could look like this
Day 1 – Friday:
Friday Meet in Picton at Le Cafe at midday
Walk together to the ferry for trip to Wellington
Get to know your fellow travellers as we embark on our journey
Arrive Wellington and settle into accommodation
Walk ‘around the block’ to get your bearings
Evening light meal in Cuba St
Day 2 – Saturday:
Embark on our day and night time adventures – see packages above
Day 3 – Sunday:
morning market for brunch or wet weather alternative
mid-day return ferry to Picton/reflection time
There will be many opportunities during the weekend for sitting to people watch and for discussing what we discover together.
**If travelling to Picton long term car parking is available within walking distance to the ferry.
*** If you need help with other pre and post trip arrangements I am happy to help.
$350 ex Picton
$250 ex Wtgn
Food, beverages, any entrance fees are extra
Payment policy – $150 deposit to secure a place in any month
Balance 24 hours prior to meetup, or payment in full within 7 days of travel
* If dates are oversubscribed or have to be cancelled by the host for any reason, deposits can be transferred to a new date or refunded
** Gift vouchers are available to surprise someone you think would benefit from a weekend away or someone who needs a gentle push to step out on their own, but who might appreciate the nurturing of a small group to boost their confidence
Trips to Christchurch and Nelson will follow later in the year
Essential Items for your trip
Appropriate clothing for city walking (account for the weather)
Sea Legs, if required
Ear plugs, if required